Science explains that when we’re in love, our brain releases happy hormones. such as oxytocin, serotonin, and dopamine, and when the stimulus for those feelings is absent, it can lead to feelings of depression, anxiety, or even irritation.
Being away from someone you love can be quite difficult, and it doesn’t matter if he’s your boyfriend or the guy you’ve been talking to. All you want is for him to know that you can’t get enough of him and that his absence makes things worse.
As much as your feelings are valid, how can you make that guy feel important by letting him know he’s on your mind? How do you tell a guy you miss him over text?
We’ve got you covered in the next few points on how to tell a guy you miss him without being too overbearing.
How To Express Missing A Guy Through Text Messages
As long as he’s still your boyfriend or just the guy you’re seeing, there’s a limit to what you can send. This is all because you want to make him want more of you.
These have been tailored for the context of any relationship you’re in with your romantic partner, and whether you choose to take this into account or not, there’s still something to take away from this.
Don’t sound too needy
Psychology says missing someone can make our feelings change from sadness to happiness, and to an extent, psychology and scientists are right about what you feel, but don’t give your emotions the key to controlling you.
You can miss someone and tell them about it, while at the same time making sure that they know your life doesn’t revolve around theirs.
Let’s get real: nobody wants a woman who doesn’t have a life, so you acting like you can’t breathe without him or firing him a reply immediately after a text comes through, hence making you seem as though you’ve been waiting for one all day, makes you seem desperate.
So how can you best do this without sounding too needy? One: know that texts get misinterpreted a lot because they don’t come with actions, so know what to send.
Secondly, if you always feel the need to text him, get a hobby. It’s understandable that you went on a first date with this person and had an amazing conversation, so much so that your wish would be to pick things up from last night, but don’t pick up your phone to text him.
Even if you’re in a relationship, let them know you aren’t always accessible. Aim to always keep them on their toes, and while you’re at it, remember that sending them texts like “I can’t live without you” or “I feel incomplete without you” is something you shouldn’t do. Get a grip and do better!
Depending on where you two are in your relationship, telling someone how you feel can be difficult. You might be worried about rejection, but if you miss them, then don’t shy away from your feelings.
Never hold back on telling people how you feel because they might just appreciate it. If you’re overthinking how he’s going to take it, then just be subtle about it.
A simple text like this will suffice: “We had a great date last weekend. Just wanted to check in and see how you’re doing.” This makes you seem calm about the situation, even when you aren’t.
Lastly, being expressive now will save you from a lot of heartbreaking situations that might occur later as the relationship progresses.
Keep it simple
If someone sends you a drip emoji with a text that says, “Missing you,” we know exactly what that relationship is all about, and it goes straight to the point, which is what you should also be doing.
You don’t need grand gestures to tell someone you miss them. All you need is thoughtfulness, not trying too hard to impress, and ensuring the text matches the mood of your relationship. After all, you can’t send a text saying, “I’ve been thinking about you,” to someone you just started talking to.
The key here is that less is always more. Hint at things without even saying anything.
Nothing beats a picture of you enjoying a solo dinner out to make your partner think of you. You can say things such as: “Although I miss us eating out together, it’s self-love season, babe.”
On the other hand, suppose you choose to get him hot and bothered, then a daring picture of you will do the trick.
The real deal is to always keep the connection alive.
You can also remind him of how you’ve had his favorite songs on repeat and how great or crappy they are. If he’s a nerd, you can tell him how you got your hands on the book he recommended.
The thing is, it can be nice when you two are away from each other but are still doing the same thing and enjoying each other’s company.
Is He Constantly on Your Mind? Here Are Cute Texts To Tell A Guy you Miss Him
1) I can’t stop thinking about the last time we came here (insert location). Being there alone now made me realize how empty it feels without you filling up the silence. Let’s do this again when you visit.
Locations you both visited can be an effective way to express how much you miss him. This can be especially great if you’re out there alone, reminiscing about your time spent together. This tells him that life continues without him, but you still feel grateful to have him and that he’s always on your mind.
2) Leaving home today was one of the hardest things I’ve had to deal with since you were just around last weekend. How are you thriving without my amazing presence?
This can be a way of telling your long-distance guy you appreciate the time spent with him and how hard it is to live in his absence. It ends with a joke, which gives him a chance to reciprocate how he feels about being away from you.
3) I woke up late this morning and the only thing I had was coffee. I miss your healthy breakfasts, and can even taste them right now. Nope, not missing you, but missing the food.
Your boyfriend will have a smile on his face when this text comes through because it shows that you not only miss him but also his cooking as well. At the same time, you’re too stubborn to admit that you miss him.
4) I’m writing out a couple of ideas so we never get to miss out on anything when next you’re here. Just wanted to let you know that I miss you already.
This is a simple way of telling someone you can’t wait till the next time you meet, and even when you do, your goal is to experience new things with them.
5) I can’t believe we breathe in the same air, yet we’re still so far away from each other.
This shows longing. You’re not directly admitting that it’s difficult to accept, but you still miss him. If you just recently got into a relationship and they’re out of town, this can be what you send since you don’t want to be in their personal space yet.
6) I wish I could get one of those hugs right now. I’ve had a pretty terrible day.
Everyone knows how important it is to have your partner by your side on days when things aren’t going as planned. This is to tell them that you wish they were around to help you get through it. At the same time, you’re hinting that you do want to talk about it.
7) I’m not sure if it’s because we do a lot of things together, but life feels pretty incomplete without you in it.
This is to demonstrate that no one can replace their presence in your life.
8) Wish you were here! I miss arguing with you about who our favorite Friends character is. But on the bright side, I’m saving my opinions until the next time we meet.
If you two love watching movies, then spite him by watching another episode in his absence and texting him about it. It’s a near-certain way to get them on the phone and whisper sweet nothings to each other.
9) I’m out with the girls tonight. It’s really loud in here coupled with the fact that I don’t have you keeping those guys away. I guess I’ll let a fine man buy me a drink tonight…
Just because you’ve had the guy doesn’t mean you can’t play mind games with him. As long as you don’t go overboard, show him that you’re having a fun night out with your friends and the guys are all over you, but you still miss him.
10) I miss you
Although credited for being too trite, it can still pass for what you want it to be.
11) We’ve both been busy with work and life but I’ve been thinking, why don’t we try out that new place this Tuesday? I’ve got a lot to talk to you about.
You’ve been going out on dates with this guy, and you two don’t have time for each other anymore, but you miss him? Then this can help spice things up again.
12) I miss you. It’s such a chore when I have to go to the gym without my accountability partner.
If you’re into physical fitness, tell them that you appreciate them for pushing you to be the best version of yourself.
13) I woke up to a half-empty bed and I don’t feel good about it. Either you make it up through Facetime, or come home soon.
It also works well when they’ve just left and you’re trying to guilt-trip them into talking to you and maintaining the connection. Take note that this would also be useful if what you have is casual but you still miss it.
14) No cuddles, no kisses on the forehead… I’m not saying I miss those things, but how am I supposed to survive without them for a month? Pretty unfair if you ask me.
It’s completely acceptable to tease your partner about how you can’t survive without them.
15) Hey! I just wanted to check in, and see how you’re doing.
If you have a friend you like or a guy you’re dating and they’re on your mind, then the best way to show that is to check up on them to see how they’re doing.
That would make them feel loved and appreciated because why else would you check up on someone if you didn’t miss them?
16) I still have your jacket on my couch. We should meet up soon so I can return it to you.
Maybe you two had a great date and you spilled your drink, so he lent you his jacket but you’re really into this guy and can’t wait to meet him again. This is what you should go for.
16) I had a great time tonight. Can’t wait to see you on Thursday.
17) Can I see you again this evening? I’ve got a thing I need to talk to you about.
18) Being away from someone as amazing as you are is the hardest thing for me to do.
19) Even when we’re apart from each other, know that you’re always on my mind.
20) Those weeks I spent being away from you weren’t the easiest, but from now on, I plan on spending every waking moment with you.
21) How would it feel to wake up to the sound of your voice?
22) I can’t stop thinking about you.
23) Say that I’m on your mind like you’re on mine.
Whether you’re talking or in a serious relationship, it’s completely okay when you feel the absence of someone in your life, and with just a text, you can easily get your words across to them.
If you feel stuck about what to send, then you have your go-to guide on what to send to that person. However, remember to always set boundaries for yourself, and while it’s okay to miss them, don’t linger too long.
In the words of Anne from Persuasion, don’t worry about her while you’re away on the sea because she’s too busy creating her adventures. Be that woman who keeps thriving without her man. Miss them, and move forward.